Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Of a Yeti.

There are certain privileges in today's society specifically reserved for males. Along these are the ability to tell dirty jokes, play video games, and altogether disregard personal hygiene - all with no shame. In an effort to spite the sexist rules of the public, I chose to participate in a tradition that men relish in every year : No-shave November. Or here at BYU, "Movember," so named for the mustaches that everyone grows due to the Honor Code's restriction on facial hair.


Oh yeah. That's for real.


Wikipedia defines a Yeti as an ape- like cryptid... Yeah, enough said. Living without a phone for the last two weeks plus not shaving all month have added up to make me the ultimate amazon woman. For all of you guys that are thinking about how unattractive that must be, I've got news for you: I hate your stupid mustaches.

On a completely unrelated note, I finally saw Better Off Dead today for the first time, and I absolutely loved it. Right now I'm sitting in the middle of Life is Beautiful, dying to finish it, because I adore it so far. If someone greeted me with "Bongiorno Principessa!" every time they saw me, and stood outside my window with a boombox just once (wrong John Cusack movie, I know, but I'm kind of in love with Lloyd Dobler) I would be his forever.

Just a fun fact: much of this post was brought to you from my psych class. After finding out I could get the lecture powerpoint online on my laptop (the perks just keep on coming!) I felt justified in doing nothing but drawing on Alex's ipad. Also, we were early to class today, so I scored a lefty desk.

It's a great day to be a Yeti guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment